Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, high-quality dental care. We understand that you, or your child, may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to your needs, and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while providing the best care possible.
Your first visit is all about you – your comfort, your happiness, and your health.
During your first visit, we will perform a complete and thorough examination consisting of:
- A pre-clinical consult where you can meet with the doctor and make him aware of any specific concerns of desires
- A review your dental and medical history forms
- Digital X-rays of your teeth and mouth
- Checking your teeth and gums for any cavities or early signs of tooth decay or gingivitis
- An oral cancer screening and evaluattion of your head and neck muscles for any hyperactivity
- An evaluation of your jaw joints (TMJ) and a bite analysis where we look for any existing disharmony that could lead to future problems
- Intraoral photos of any areas of concern
After your checkup is complete, most patients will be appointed with the hygiene department for a cleaning. At the same visit you will also meet with the doctor for a powerpoint treatment plan presentation where we help you create your own individual treatment plan, and answer any questions that you may have.
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment:
- Your completed patient information form
- Your insurance card
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Dental Association recommends visiting your dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
We understand that you have a busy schedule, so when you're preparing to visit the dentist, please remember that your appointments can last between 45 and 90 minutes.